Thursday, June 25, 2009

Condensed Week!

As things start to come along I have so little time to do other things. This idea of blogging everyday is really not going to well but I will make it work. These last couples of days have been crazy. I got out of work early on Tuesday which was good because later a few of us were able to go to Yoga class at the gym in the evening. The Yoga class was really nice, I am not going to lie it was really hard but it definitely tested my flexibility. After we came back we hung out outside in the courtyard (aka the meeting ground for all the people in this program). We are all very fond of buying watermelons and cutting them in the courtyard then inviting everyone to eat-great times in China. The next day was a lot crazier and did not allow for much free time. I was basically in the lab from 10am until 9pm doing work. It was a very long day filled with a lot, but I definitely enjoyed it because I learned a lot-especially stuff I can apply to the lab I work in at UM. At the time I was really tired and hungry because I did not get a chance to have lunch or dinner but later it definitely paid off to be in lab that long. After that long day I pretty much crashed, I was soo tired. The next day was better because I only had to go into lab for lab meeting, which sounds like an easy day but since lab meetings last four hours it still felt like a long day. The good thing about the day was that I got to meet some people from the group for lunch. We all usually only get to see each other in the evening after work for dinner, if we do not go to dinner with our lab, so it was nice taking a break in the middle of the day. To be totally honest I could not help but think about other things during lab meeting. This weekend about half of us planned a trip to Qingdao, which is where all the beaches are. Most of us could not get off of work Friday so we leave by train tonight around 5pm. Some of us got lucky and were able to leave Thursday evening so they get to spend some extra time enjoying the beach. All I know is that I am really excited and cannot wait until we go this weekend. Really the only ting we had to take care of before going was buying the train tickets there and back which cost 400 RMB and booking our room at the hostile. Four of us are staying together in a room at a hostile, which is right near the beach; I think you can now realize my level of excitement. I will save the details of our trip until after we actually go. Anyways the rest of the day turned out well. After lab meeting a few of us went running and then to the gym-great workout on a really hot day. Later we all went out, what else is there to do in China in the evening but to enjoy the nightlife? Well that’s all for now, I am so excited my three day weekend has arrived, next stop Qingdao!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda;
    Glad to hear from you this week...thanks for sharing. How about telling us more about your LAB work. We are really interested (at least, I am). Hope you have a great weekend. LOVE from MI.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete