Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Great Life

Well now what more can I say, just another day in Beijing. Today like the past couple of days and what seems to be the next few days was pretty cloudy and humid. As much as I love those sunny days it definitely does not make me sad to see that the sun is hiding for a little while. Even though it is still really hot it is even hotter when the sun is out and I think I have had my fair share of sunlight and heat for a little bit. Other than the workday it is pretty much like it has been for the past two days. I am looking forward to tomorrow more so than today because tomorrow is our lab meeting and the grad students I am working with are presenting tomorrow so I will get more insight into the project and then be able to actually start “experimenting” on Friday. So far my thoughts about this are still positive, but then again I still am in my first week of research, I still have 9 weeks to be positive about. It does however, seem that everyone in the group has already developed a daily schedule because these past three days I have seen the same people walking to work and from work and around campus around the same time everyday. One of the things that was really on my mind a lot before research was whether I or not I would be able to see everyone in the program as much as I did before research started. We all get along really well and have a lot of fun; I thought after research started everyone would have their own schedule and we would not be able to get together. That really is not the case. A lot of us work in the same building or across the hall from one another and even if that is not enough in the evenings a bunch of us are always hanging out in the courtyard to see who wants to go to dinner or we just sit around talking and playing bad mitten. This really is turning out to be one of the best experiences I have had, I cannot help but anticipate waking up every day to experience Beijing all over again. As much fun as I am having here I still miss my family a whole lot. The truth is that this experience is filled with so much to do you really cannot help but discover more about yourself while here, thinking about your family just becomes something else to think about that puts a smile on your face. All I have to say is life is great; live, love, and laugh FOREVER!

1 comment:

  1. hey Amanda. What a great post!!! YOu are really doing a great job sharing your China experience with the reader! Thanks. YOur family is always thinking of you and wishing you well. Love from MI

    MOM

    ReplyDelete